The travel site Trivago has named the following Top-8 Viking Age locations to visit for their lasting Viking footprint:
- Jorvik Viking Center, York, England
- Lofotr Vikingemuseum, Lofoten, Norway
- Ribe Vikingecenter, Ribe, Denmark
- Waterford Viking Triangle, Waterford, Ireland
- Birka, Björkö, Sweden
- Qaqortoq, Qaqortoq, Greenland
- Eiriksstadir, Buoardalur, Iceland
- L’Anse aux Meadows, L’Anse aux Meadows, Canada
It seems like Trivago completely overlooked Baltics, Eastern Europe and Russia, and adding a couple should have made this a Top-10 list. It could also be argued that The Danevirke Wall and Hedeby/Haitheby in present day northern Germany is missing.
Whay do you think? Locations that should have been on or left off the list?
Read more: EkstraBladet.dk (article in Danish)